Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Big girl bed!

Rather than overwhelm Sophie with several big transitions at the same time (new bed, potty training, and arrival of another baby), we decided to start early. On Sunday we introduced Sophie to her new "big girl" bed!

Sunday night she wailed as I tried to put her to bed. So, I crawled in with her and read two extra bedtime stories, while trying to get her to lay down. Eventually, I let her cry (it only lasted about 10 minutes) and she fell asleep. Allen and I were both worried that we wouldn't get much sleep, but guess what -- Sophie actually slept through the night!! Monday's nap went fine, just a few tears at the beginning. And although Monday night started with tears again, she eventually talked herself to sleep and slept until 6:30 am. Success!!

Despite all of this - I find myself a bit sad. I was really close to tears after waking up on Monday morning and finding Sophie awake in her bed - my little girl is growing up! She still looks so tiny in a twin size bed, but she's growing up nonetheless. It's a little bittersweet.

Check out her bed and bedding - it's now such a little girl's room! (Oh, and although you can't see it in the picture, we are using a bed rail to make sure she doesn't fall out of the bed completely).

No comments:

Post a Comment