Sunday, August 29, 2010

Imagination

Sophie astounds me with her imagination.  For the last two days she has spent at least an hour each day "exploring."  She takes her plastic camera, backpack, and a map I drew to the "rainy forest" with her.  She tells me - "mommy, we have to go to the rainy forest and take 7 pictures of wild animals... a sleepy sloth and a mountain goat."  Clearly, Dora has made an impact on my Sophie.  But, I love that she can completely delve into her own version of Dora's exploring.  We've "explored" inside and out this weekend.  While outside, the swing set became one of the locations for us to play before finding our wild animals.

And, watch out for Swiper (a.k.a. Graham)!  Apparently, Swiper the fox is a wild animal whose picture must be taken, and Graham is the personification of Swiper.  Truth is, he is starting to take hold of some of Sophie's toys as he grasps for things and starts to scoot on his tummy in the living room.  I'm going to have to come up with some way to redirect this whole "Graham is Swiper" thing.  I think Sophie is in for a rude awakening when I start to readily offer Graham some of her older toys....

1 comment:

  1. Molly is a bit obsessed with Dora as well. I hadn't thought about making a game out of it. Good idea! Maybe this will put the constant soundtrack running through my head all the time "backpack backpack....backpack backpack" or " I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map...", Or "Swiper, no swiping!" or "We did it! We did it! We did it!"

    ReplyDelete