We're not completely done with the baby's room yet, but I thought I would share a sneak peek of a few details (the lighting isn't great in the photos, so bear with me...I was too lazy to attach my external flash to get better results...next time!). The stripes go around the entire room, and I have to say that I never ever want to paint stripes again. Even though the label on painter's tape says that you can achieve very straight lines, it's not true. I had to go back and touch up all of the lines with a little paint brush, and I'm not sure it was worth the extra effort. Don't get me wrong -- I love the end result, but I didn't enjoy the journey to that point!
Across one of the walls, we have six 8x8 inch square canvases with vinyl decals of various animals, including a whale, giraffe, elephant, monkey, squirrel, and peacock. I think these turned out really cute and they help to bring some more green into the room. (The bedding is the same that we used for Sophie -- green and white with elephants on the bumper and stripes or polka dots on the sheets.)
The closet for the room doesn't have any doors because it's essentially a nook above the staircase. Plus the doorway for the closet overlaps one of the windows by about 1/2 an inch, so putting doors there would be awkward. I found some cute argyle curtain panels to hang across the closet doorway. I took the colors for the room from the curtain panels, and I'm really happy with how everything is turning out. I'll post more photos when everything is done!!
I'm definitely starting to get more anxious for the arrival of our newest addition! I can't believe we're only about 6 weeks away....crazy! I've got a list of things to get done, but I'm starting to feel like it's all a little more manageable now. I just want to make sure to enjoy this time with Sophie before baby's arrival. I know that Sophie will be a great big sister, but I do worry about how she'll react immediately to a baby brother. She really has no idea what's coming, and it makes me a little sad to think that our family of three is coming to an end. The past two years with Sophie have been amazing, and I know that our lives with two children will be amazing too, but it's still a little bittersweet to think about having to share time between Sophie and the next child. I try not to dwell on what we're "losing" but what we're gaining -- a new life, a son, a brother.



Before Isla was born, I had the same thoughts and feelings about the family of 3 turning into a family of 4. I couldn't comprehend how I could love another baby as much as I love Molly. And everyone with 2 kids kept saying how your heart just grows bigger and after the 2nd baby comes along, you can't imagine your family with our her or him. And now here I am on the other side and everything people told me is true. Just wait until you see them together. The other day Molly snuggled up to Isla on the floor and said "Molly wuvs her sister." I melted into a puddle right there.
ReplyDeleteWishing you the best during these last weeks. I forgot, are you trying for a VBAC?
Sweetie - The room looks great! The quilt is almost done too...
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pic of Sophie!
Love the colors and the argyle ... can't wait to see more! And darn that painter's tape ... I fell for it, too!
ReplyDelete